THE THOMAS REPORT

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tiger Town Reconciliation

Yesterday sucked. First I couldn't get this episode I'm working on paper and then the games started. Every team that I wanted to win lost. Now I'm a Gator fan first and pretty much only (SoCal) but for certain reasons, I wanted certain teams to get beat. Let me explain...UT v. Nebraska. If Tom Osborne would have been at Nebraska, they would have won. But you have this clown Callahan as the coach throwing the ball like Bill Walsh and couldn't hold on to the lead. I needed UT to lose because they're higher in the AP Poll, but nevertheless, the won. Then there was Notre Dame. I really want to like Notre Dame, but they're just so Notre Dame, that I hate them. Let me elaborate. Notre Dame was established in the Midwest to educate the young men of the seminary and the immigrant children of the Midwest. Early on, Notre Dame recognized that college football could have a massive following, if they could have two key ingredients: Talent and Exposure. So Knute Rockne took his teams on barnstorming tours playing highly recognizable schools in distinct regions of the country. Such as Army, Navy, USC, and of course Michigan. Rockne's crew of Catholic's took it to the WASPS of the aforementioned institutions. Anyway, he built up a huge media following, generated an image; Hollywood came calling, put Reagan in the Gipper, won a few championships, and in the process laid the groundwork for a top 25 University generations later. I love the story, and Rudy is the second best college football movie ever (Nothing beats the Program). And then they went and did it. They went and HIRED A BLACK GUY NAMED TYRONE. What the hell was that? Why did they have to hire him? They hired him to fire him and anyone who has an ounce of college football savvy can see it. Even Sylvester Croom got five years. They kept Bob Davie for five years. That was chicken shit racism. They had a hard-on for Urban Meyer and he left for my Gators, tanked Chris Leak's career, for a fucking white boy in Tebow. So I hate Notre Dame for firing Tyrone and fucking up Chris Leak's career. But they beat UCLA and Charlie Weis made Notre Dame right, because Karl Dorrel is a joke as a coach and tanked his signature win on NBC of all networks. What a tank job! So Notre Dame is right, and Tyrone and Karl get beat on a day that Sylvester Croom surely lost on. Looking real good for the black coaches of the world... The robust 4 of them... Anyway, Washington lost, Ga. Tech lost (of course), (I hate to say this) Alabama lost to UT, Vandy lost, Duke lost (I could have gone to that game), and that's about it. FSU lost, which was cool and Pitt lost and that was cool too (big up to Rutgers). UNC lost and I love to se them lose. Not because I like Duke, but they show you how to have an insane amount of money to buy players and a solid alumni network, yet still manage 1 and whatever. Duke sux, but they don't have enough bread to fund a football team like a public school. Shit, UNC works at least 40-50 million dollar annual football budget. That's a crib, plus facilities and all you can buy is Hakeem Nix. I live in the QC, but that's all you can buy? You better hit up the Tidewater area of VA, if you know what's good for you.

I just want to say that I have a huge distain for two schools. Ole Miss and Clemson.... Now maybe I watch Eyes on the Prize too much, but it's something about a bunch of black boys running around in a stadium in front of those white fans, just doesn't resonate with me. Anyway, I must commend Clemson for what they did for Ray Ray and his younger brother Fahmar. That's a good look and they did not have to do what they are doing. So with that said, enough respect to Tiger Town, you do take care of your own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home